Ms. Michael concentrates her work in drafting and amending master deeds, bylaws, declarations, and other community association documents, including in the development of new condominiums (both site and traditional), conversion condominiums, new subdivision development, from inception through turnover of control; and performing other community association legal work. She has lectured widely at seminars throughout Southeastern Michigan and at Association and Board of Director meetings on Condominium governance, rules, restrictions, amendment issues and the amendment process, and was the assistant to Robert M. Meisner Adjunct Professor of Law at MSU College of Law and Cooley Law School. Ms. Michael has co-authored articles on condominium operation and amendments, and the popular booklet: Condominium Operation: Getting Started and Staying on the Right Track
- Oakland University, Bachelor of Integrated Studies
- Oakland University, Legal Assistant Diploma, American Bar Association approved
- Oakland Community College, Liberal Arts Associates Degree
- Affiliate Member – State Bar of Michigan
- Legal Assistants Association of Michigan, former Vice President and Regional Director
Condominium Operation: Getting Started and Staying on The Right Track; 2002 Co-author with Robert M. Meisner, Esq.
Condo Living 2: The Authoritative Guide to Buying, Selling, and Operating a Condominium; 2013 Assistant to author, Robert M. Meisner, Esq. [LINK TO BOOK]
Condo Living: A Survival Guide to Buying, Owning and Selling a Condominium; 2005 Assistant to author, Robert M. Meisner, Esq.
- United Condominium Owners of Michigan: featured speaker at the annual educational seminar yearly from 2002 – present
- Community Association Institute – Michigan Chapter: featured speaker at the annual educational seminar 2005
- Introduction to Condominium Operation – The Essentials to Success: guest speaker on a regular basis since 2005
- Advanced Condominium Operation – The Essentials to Success: guest speaker on a regular basis since 2005
- Lorman Educational Seminars: 2006 Co-speaker with Robert M. Meisner, Esq. “Rules and Regulations”
- Presenter at numerous community association membership meetings and Board meetings
May 13, 2016
I was also very impressed with Kay’s presentation…she highlighted the right key points and informative facts about condominium law, spoke in layperson terms and was very thorough.
Melissa Goldberg, Administrative Manager
Metro Group Management Corporation
Kay, you’ve been great throughout this process and your presentation last night was superb. Thanks for all your hard work.
Dawn Copley, President
Good morning Kay
I just wanted to thank you again for taking the time from your hectic schedule to attend our Annual Meeting on Saturday, June 6. You did an awesome job. Because of your efforts we feel confident that the Condo Documents will be accepted. We hope you enjoyed your visit to our community as much as we enjoyed having you.
Margaret Shepherd, President
Frenchtown Commons Association
Good Morning, Kay
Just wanted to say, I enjoyed listening to you and Mr. Meisner speak at the UCOM seminar. It was very interesting and I did learn a few things. I believe our Association is up on everything(thanks to the law group). Enjoy your day!
Office Manager, Stratford Manor Condominium Association
This is to formally thank you for your help and excellent presentation at our co owner meeting. You made everyone feel comfortable and gave them confidence that updating our docs is the right thing to do. And of course you represented the Meisner Group in exemplary fashion. We’re on our way.
Jim Townsend, President
Birmingham Town Square Condominium Association
I appreciate the help that you gave us tonight in explaining in detail so many of the changes made in the bylaws, master deed, etc.
Redford Plaza Condo Association
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 248-644-4433