Robert M. Meisner is the principal founding member of his AV rated firm (the highest rating given to law firms by judges and lawyers) concentrating in community association, condominium and real estate law.
Mr. Meisner was the first lawyer in Michigan, and is among the select few attorneys in the country, who has been inducted into the College of Community Association Lawyers, sponsored by the Community Associations Institute, a national organization devoted to promoting the interests of community associations.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Michigan
- Juris Doctorate from the University of Michigan Law School
- Co-drafter of the 1978 Michigan Condominium Act, as well as the 2001 amendments to the Act.
- Provided testimony regarding proposed condominium legislation to both the Michigan legislature and the United States Congress.
- General counsel to the United Condominium Owners of Michigan (UCOM)
- Frequent lecturer for both national and regional seminars
- Faculty member of the CAI Law Seminar
- Two year term on CAI’s Business Partners Council
- Former trustee on the College of Community Association Lawyers Board of Governors.
- Faculty member for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE)
- Former adjunct professor of law for Cooley Law School
- Former adjunct professor at Michigan State Law School
- Instructor for real estate continuing education courses through the Western Wayne/Oakland County Board of Realtors
- More than 25 years as a featured lecturer on business law and condominium operations at a number of schools around the state of Michigan: Lawrence Institute of Technology, Macomb County College, Oakland Community College, Oakland University, Wayne State University, Northwestern Michigan College and Grand Valley State University.
- Licensed real estate broker in the State of Michigan
- As an author, Mr. Meisner has been a featured columnist on condominiums and real estate in the Observer & Eccentric Hometown Newspapers for more than 30 years, as well as writing for other newspapers and magazines throughout Michigan such as DBusiness Magazine, The Detroit News, Traverse City Record Eagle, Oakland Business Review, Hour Magazine, The Grand Rapids Press, The Delta Waverly News, Metropolitan Detroit, Common Ground, Condo Management, and Michigan Lawyers Weekly. Meisner is also an author of both the popular booklet entitled A Condominium Operation: Getting Started and Staying on the Right Track and the highly acclaimed book, Condo Living 2: The Authoritative Guide to Buying, Selling and Operating a Condominium.
- Michigan Supreme Court
- Michigan Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Case Evaluator for Oakland, Wayne and Macomb County Circuit Courts.
- Mr. Meisner has also been trained and certified to act as a mediator for the Oakland County Circuit Court.
- Former Director, Castillo at Tiburon Condominium Association, Inc.
- Oakland County Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan Master Lawyers Section
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)
- Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Condominium and community association law, governance and document drafting and review
- Real estate law and transactions
- Commercial litigation
- Corporate law
- Developer and builder representation
- Debt collection
- Contracts and business formation
- Bylaw enforcement
- Construction defect litigation
- National Association of Railroad Passengers
- Michigan Association of Railroad Passengers