7:00pm – 9:00pm
Tuesday May 2nd
Tuesday May 9th
Tuesday May 16th
Tuesday May 23rd
The cost for an individual OR an entire Board of Directors plus managing agent (8 maximum) is only $59.
Connie Coughlin, Legal Secretary
The Meisner Law Group, P.C.
Headed by attorney and lead instructor Robert M. Meisner, this information-packed webinar series is designed for officers and directors, managers, individual owners, and residents living in or working with a Michigan condominium, subdivision, cooperative, or community association. We will be meeting over four Tuesday evenings in May.
Seminar attendees will gain valuable insight on a wide range of topics from legal experts, including the following:
- Best practices regarding pet issues and disability accommodations
- How to avoid director and officer liability
- Duty of the Board of Directors to act
- “Rentals Gone Wild: How to gain control and other best practices”
- Nonprofit Corporation Act review
- How to run effective Board and Member meetings
- Assessment/Dues collection – successful practices
- Bylaw/Rules enforcement – successful practices
- Hiring the right legal counsel and how to work together
- Hiring the right management company and transitioning to new management
- Reviewing the management contract
- Federal Housing Administration requirements; Veterans Administration requirements
- Important amendments to governing documents
- The four essential audits: legal, physical, financial and operational
The link to the live webinar will be emailed to you within the next business day after registration, as well as a reminder one day prior to the first class. You will have the ability to access handouts, participate, and ask questions.
Only $59 for each individual registration, or your entire community association Board of Directors can register for just $59.
There were so many things I learned, such as enforcing bylaws consistently, pursuing collections, treating everyone the same, how to record minutes of board and membership meetings, and maintaining the community.
– Trish, Board Member
I now feel empowered with valuable information gained in this course to enable me to operate as a director with accountability. All board members should be required to take these classes to broaden their level of understanding in order to make sound decisions.
– Jennifer, Board Member