Local Condo Guru Releases New Book
Momentum Books, L.L.C. has published Condo Living 2: An Authoritative Guide to Buying, Selling, and Operating a Condominium, the sequel to the popular first book authored by renowned Michigan condominium specialist and nationally known attorney, Robert M. Meisner.
FHA Certification for Condos Improves Marketability
The The Meisner Law Group, P.C. legal team is acutely familiar with the FHA eligibility requirements and is ready to assist your Association in its endeavors to help you attempt to achieve the desired FHA approval and/or re-certification for your Condominium Project.
Michigan Condo & HOA Law
Our “Michigan Condo & HOA Law” blog deals with issues facing community associations. Keep up-to-date on both Federal and state legislation and regulations, as well as court opinions and what they mean for your association.
The Meisner Law Group has authored numerous articles on a wide variety of subjects, including condominium and homeowner association law.
The Meisner Law Group, P.C., celebrating over 40 years of dedicated service to Michigan residents, is a law firm headquartered in Bingham Farms, Michigan, that concentrates in Community Association Law. The firm represents condominiums, subdivisions, cooperative communities, developers, businesses, corporations, limited liability companies, and individuals.
The firm is led by Robert M. Meisner, a practicing attorney for over 45 years, as well as a former adjunct professor of Community Association Law at Cooley Law School and MSU College of Law. Robert M. Meisner has been nationally recognized as one of the premier community association lawyers in Michigan with extensive experience teaching seminars and classes statewide and nationally, as well as writing prolifically in newspapers and specialty publications.
Community Association Law
- I worked with Brian Harris on a mold issue in my detached condo unit. I can't speak highly enough about his professionalism and wonderful personality. It was a pleasure to have him represent me during this difficult time for me. He was great in communicating with me in a timely manner and was able to negotiate a reasonable ending to the problem. - M. FlowersM. Flowers
- Our Association values the guidance and alerts the Meisner Law Group provides us. Obviously, we prefer not having to take legal actions against any of our owners, while knowing if we do, it is handled professionally and promptly. We also value the Group’s work in monitoring and working with our Michigan legislature to head off bad new Association law, and promote new needed changes to Michigan Association law. Being an older, established owner-controlled Association, we don’t deal with any problems associated with complex developers, but are quite concerned with new serious threats, (i.e. like reverse and interest only mortgages can cause without adequate legal recourse for the Association). Dale Milbrandt, President, Swan Valley Condominium AssociationSwan Valley Condominium Association
Robert Meisner – First Michigan Member of College of Community Association Lawyers
Since 1993, the Community Associations Institute has recognized excellence in the practice of community association law through the College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL). Of the thousands of attorneys practicing community association law in the United States, fewer than 150 have been granted membership in the College. Fellows of the College distinguish themselves through contributions to the development of community association law. Their service is demonstrated by a commitment to educate and empower boards and residents of the more than 320,000 community associations across the country. CCAL attorneys commit themselves to high standards of professional and ethical conduct and work to create a community of experienced legal professionals to advance community association law for the betterment of the communities they serve.
Robert Meisner was the first and one of only two community association attorneys from Michigan invited to become a member of this select group.More about CCAL
Our services & skills
The Meisner Law Group, P.C. handles a wide variety of complex business and commercial disputes that arises from day to day business transactions. While we attempt to counsel clients to put them in positions to avoid litigation, often times it becomes unavoidable. We represent Plaintiffs and Defendants in all types of business and commercial litigation, including cases related to the following:
- Banking and Finance
- Business Torts
- Breach of Contract
- Construction Law
- Corporate Governance
- Derivative Actions
- Insurance coverage and claims disputes
- Lender Liability
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Tortious Interference with Business Expectancy/Contract
- Breach of Contract Claims
- Contract Drafting, Review and Negotiation
- Construction Liens
- Construction Defects
- Design Defects
- General Contract Agreements
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Payment and Performance Bond Claims
- Property Damage
- Subcontractor Agreements
Contact Bob Meisner, certified by the Oakland County Bar Association to conduct facilitative mediations which are designed to resolve disputes between adversarial parties. Bob Meisner is particularly specialized in facilitating commercial litigation disputes, and disputes between a Community Association and its members, between a Community Association and the Developer, and/or between any others related to the Community Association. He is also well-versed in the Michigan Supreme Court’s alternate dispute resolution rules.
Contact the expert: Robert M. Meisner, Esq.
Call: 1-800-470-4433 or (248) 644-4433
Bob Meisner is experienced in the practice of law for over 40 years at the AV rated Michigan law firm of The Meisner Law Group, P.C. He speaks nationally on Community Association law, and is Michigan’s first attorney to be inducted into the Community Associations Institute’s prestigious College of Community Association Lawyers. Bob Meisner has lectured at the National CAI Conference and Law Seminars, is a former adjunct professor of law for Michigan State University – Detroit College of Law and at Cooley Law School where he taught community association and condominium law, and has been an instructor of condominium operation courses for over 25 years at local colleges and universities. He is also a featured newspaper columnist for the 13 Observer & Eccentric Newspapers.
CALL NOW – GET THE HELP YOU NEED!