Local Condo Guru Releases New Book
Momentum Books, L.L.C. has published Condo Living 2: An Authoritative Guide to Buying, Selling, and Operating a Condominium, the sequel to the popular first book authored by renowned Michigan condominium specialist and nationally known attorney, Robert M. Meisner.
FHA Certification for Condos Improves Marketability
The The Meisner Law Group, P.C. legal team is acutely familiar with the FHA eligibility requirements and is ready to assist your Association in its endeavors to help you attempt to achieve the desired FHA approval and/or re-certification for your Condominium Project.
Stability & Continuity
If you are concerned about the stability or continuity of your law firm or its lawyers, keep in mind that our firm has been established since the 1970’s and has always been here for its clients. We are also proud to have represented many of our clients continuously since as early as 1975.
Michigan Condo & HOA Law
Our “Michigan Condo & HOA Law” blog deals with issues facing community associations. Keep up-to-date on both Federal and state legislation and regulations, as well as court opinions and what they mean for your association.
“We haven’t been one of America’s leading community association law firms for over 40 years without skill, dedication and integrity”
The Meisner Law Group, P.C., celebrating over 35 years of dedicated service to Michigan residents, is a law firm headquartered in Bingham Farms, Michigan, that concentrates in Community Association Law. The firm represents condominiums, subdivisions, cooperative communities, developers, businesses, corporations, limited liability companies, and individuals.
The firm is led by Robert M. Meisner, a practicing attorney for over 40 years, as well as a former adjunct professor of Community Association Law at Cooley Law School and MSU College of Law. Robert M. Meisner has been nationally recognized as one of the premier community association lawyers in Michigan with more than 35 years of experience teaching seminars and classes statewide and nationally, as well as writing prolifically in newspapers and specialty publications.
Community Association Law
- Our Association values the guidance and alerts the Meisner Law Group provides us. Obviously, we prefer not having to take legal actions against any of our owners, while knowing if we do, it is handled professionally and promptly. We also value the Group’s work in monitoring and working with our Michigan legislature to head off bad new Association law, and promote new needed changes to Michigan Association law. Being an older, established owner-controlled Association, we don’t deal with any problems associated with complex developers, but are quite concerned with new serious threats, (i.e. like reverse and interest only mortgages can cause without adequate legal recourse for the Association). Dale Milbrandt, President, Swan Valley Condominium AssociationSwan Valley Condominium Association
- Our firm has had the privilege of representing Country Club Estates Condominium Association on a continuous basis since the late 1970’s. We have seen the Association develop policies and procedures which streamline its operation, a very successful one I might add. We are appreciative of the many persons who have served as officers and directors of the Association with whom we have had an excellent relationship and look forward to a long and continuing relationship with a great condominium association.Firm appreciation of Country Club Estates Condominium Association located in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
Robert Meisner – First Michigan Member of College of Community Association Lawyers
Since 1993, the Community Associations Institute has recognized excellence in the practice of community association law through the College of Community Association Lawyers (CCAL). Of the thousands of attorneys practicing community association law in the United States, fewer than 150 have been granted membership in the College. Fellows of the College distinguish themselves through contributions to the development of community association law. Their service is demonstrated by a commitment to educate and empower boards and residents of the more than 320,000 community associations across the country. CCAL attorneys commit themselves to high standards of professional and ethical conduct and work to create a community of experienced legal professionals to advance community association law for the betterment of the communities they serve.
Robert Meisner was the first and one of only two, community association attorneys from Michigan, invited to become a member of this select group.More about CCAL
Our services & skills
- General Durable Power of Attorney
- Healthcare Durable Power of Attorney
- Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Estate Planning/Wealth Transfer
- Estate Administration
- Probate Litigation
The Meisner Law Group, P.C. handles a wide variety of complex business and commercial disputes that arises from day to day business transactions. While we attempt to counsel clients to put them in positions to avoid litigation, often times it becomes unavoidable. We represent Plaintiffs and Defendants in all types of business and commercial litigation, including cases related to the following:
- Banking and Finance
- Business Torts
- Breach of Contract
- Construction Law
- Corporate Governance
- Derivative Actions
- Insurance coverage and claims disputes
- Lender Liability
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Tortious Interference with Business Expectancy/Contract
- Breach of Contract Claims
- Contract Drafting, Review and Negotiation
- Construction Liens
- Construction Defects
- Design Defects
- General Contract Agreements
- Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Payment and Performance Bond Claims
- Property Damage
- Subcontractor Agreements
Contact Bob Meisner, trained facilitator, knowledgeable in the Michigan Supreme Court’s alternate dispute resolution rules and Bob has been certified by the Oakland County Bar Association to conduct facilitative mediations which are designed to resolve disputes between adversarial parties. Bob Meisner is particularly specialized in facilitating commercial litigation disputes, and disputes between a Community Association and its members, between a Community Association and the Developer, and/or between any others related to the Community Association.
Contact the expert: Robert M. Meisner, Esq.
Call: 1-800-470-4433 or (248) 644-4433
Bob Meisner is experienced in the practice of law for over 35 years at the AV rated Michigan law firm of The Meisner Law Group, P.C. He speaks nationally on Community Association law, and is Michigan’s first attorney to be inducted into the Community Associations Institute, prestigious College of Community Association Lawyers. Bob Meisner has lectured at the National CAI Conference and Law Seminars, is an adjunct professor of law for Michigan State University – Detroit College of Law and at Cooley Law School where he teaches community association and condominium law, is and has been an instructor of condominium operation courses for over 25 years at local colleges and/or universities, and for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE), and he is a featured newspaper columnist for the 13 Observer & Eccentric Newspapers.
CALL NOW – GET THE HELP YOU NEED!
The Meisner Law Group, P.C.
30200 Telegraph Road, Suite 467
Bingham Farms, MI 48025-4506
Toll-Free: (800) 470-4433
Voice: (248) 644-4433
Fax: (248) 644-2941